Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tim's Tag No. 9

As you may know, I'm following Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge, and here is Tag No. 9 a la Tim Holtz.

I used Artistic Outpost's Snowy Woods plate extensively for this tag. In fact everything but the deer (Penny Black) and the "Post Card" (Stampin' Up!) are from the Snowy Woods plate. Oh and there are also words behind all the sponged on color, but I kept on sponging on color until you can't see them.

Now you may notice that on the tag that Tim created, he used a key and a lock. I figured that since Santa doesn't have keys (hello, there is no lock on my chimney), I would add the deer and the sled. These were fun to make. They're Shrinky Dinks. I remember when I was a kid my mom and Shelby and I would color Shrinky Dinks then bake them in the oven. That's before we found out about heat guns.

Cyndi

3 comments:

Michelle Murphy said...

mmmmmmmmm have not heard the trick of shrinky dinks and the heat gun..i stil put them in the oven

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

adorable tag Cyndi...thanks for sharing.

Cathy said...

I love the colors in this tag. I love all of your tags and your blog is funny, I have enjoyed reading it tonight.
Thanks for having me in your list of blogs that you stalk.