Monday, September 5, 2016

Goodbye Labor Day Weekend

Just a couple more cards I was able to finish this Labor Day Weekend. It was so nice having a 3-day weekend.


This card uses retired Stampin Up stamps. Who cares? They are so pretty. There is a big background toile that I don't even remember the name of, the flower from Still Life Stems, and overtop of everything is the Linen background stamp. So beautiful! I stamped, sponged, and colored with Copics. The corner dies are by Marianne.





And here is a card that started entirely with the background. I was playing with alcohol inks on a piece of acetate. Somehow I thought it would be good to paint the back of the acetate  with metallic pigment inks. This was not a good idea as I discovered the following day that it was never going to dry. So I poured some clear embossing powder on it and heated it with a heat gun. I was suprised that it didn't warp more than it did.

So then I die cut it, and finally tonight, after trying several things with it, decided that copper leaves would be cool. These leaf dies are from Spellbinders, and the "thanks" is from Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft.

Tomorrow I have to go to work. Kind of sad. But it will be good to get back to a routine.

Cyndi

1 comment:

Shelly Hickox said...

Gorgeous cards! I really thought the top one was stamped on linen. I love the look of it. And you did a great job saving the pigment ink bg.