Sunday, May 10, 2009


The pastor of my church has started a discussion time following the worship service. It's a great idea, and it gave me an excuse to make a little note-taking book.

This book is 5" X 5" and incorporates soft colored metal (Periwinkle and Pearl) from Ten Seconds Studio. The trim strip on the left side is made by using a Kabuka mold, and the cross is an embossable die from Spellbinders. The paper is from Stampin' Up's Bella Bleu designer paper pack.

If you have never used the soft metal from Ten Seconds, I'll let you know that I really love it. After embossing, you gently run a sanding block over it, and the silvery metal is revealed only from the raised parts.

Since I've started working some with this metal, I have learned a very important tip. If you can emboss using a die cutting machine (mine's a Big Shot from Sizzix) rather than by hand, use the machine. It's unbelievably simpler than doing it by hand--faster with a perfect impression.

Cyndi

1 comment:

Michelle Murphy said...

i really like the blues in this book..so what are you taking notes of:D