Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 6

You know the drill (unless this is your first visit to my blog), here's Tim's tag for Day 6, and here's mine:
This might be my favorite tag so far. I didn't have the metal foil tape that Tim used, so I Xyroned (can that really be a verb) some aluminum foil from the kitchen to glossy cardstock. It worked perfectly.

I ran this through a snowflake Cuttlebug folder then painted the whole thing with blue and black paint, then, when it was dry, I sanded the paint from the raised portions. Then, as instructed by Mr. Holtz, I started adding clear embossing powder. Every time I added a layer, it got prettier. After three layers of clear embossing powder, I added a layer of my own personal mix, which I call "Clear Blue EZ." Okay, it's just clear EP with blue glitter, but it was perfect for this tag. Here's just the background:

It was hard not to just leave it at that, but I added the die cut holly from Cheery Lynn Designs and added lots of clear embossing powder to that as well. Then I added the bird from the Stampin' Up set Language of Friendship (there's a punch that goes along with that stamp set--cool!). Of course, I couldn't not add layers of embossing powder to that as well. I cut the metal label with a Spellbinders Nestability die.

I am in love with this tag! And now we're half way done. Wonder what Tim has for us tomorrow.

Cyndi

5 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I am in love with it too!!! The blue is just gorgeous. Love that you stuck with one color. That birdy is just precious!

Lezlie S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lezlie S. said...

Cyndi,
All of your tags are beautiful! TFS!

Marjie Kemper said...

Super rich background! This is gorgeous. I xyroned mine too... sure, that's a verb!

Shelly Hickox said...

Hahaha! I KNEW you were going to add glitter - I almost did too! Love your take on this one. Your color is gorgeous!