Thursday, October 9, 2008

Clear Card for Christmas


I put this card together for shoebox swap at the Memphis Gathering of Splitcoast-stampers which was last weekend. It uses the new-this-year To You and Yours stamp set by Stampin' Up! The really cool thing about this card, which you may not be able to tell from the scan, is that it is a clear card. The light blue panel behind the tag is actually the inside of the card, and the blue tag with the dove on it is glued to the front of the card. The snow on the house and the white swirls on the dove's trail are made with a white Zig marker from their Chalk Collection.


Shelby here. Hi, everyone. I don't stamp, but I can tell you that this actually is one of her better cards that I've seen. The concept is wonderful. What she calls the "card base" is a clear piece of plastic like those clear report covers. And she stamped white swirly things directly onto the clear part and glued the paper parts directly to the plastic parts.


Thanks, Shelby, for helping to explain it. The clear part of the card is "7mm acetate" (which is plastic) and the paper Shelby was referring to is "cardstock." I don't actually "glue" anything together, but I put it all together with dry adhesive.


Potato, potahto.

I should explain a little why Shelby is helping me out today. It appears that Shelby's therapist thinks that she and I could use a little work on our relationship and has suggested that we do a project together. This is it.

Heaven forbid we start something that I'm actually interested in.


So I will keep posting my art.

And I will provide the color commentary.

I'm sure it will prove to be very colorful.

Cyndi & Shelby

5 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

Very pretty! BTW, you can add photos to your sidebar under 'layout' and 'page elements'. Or, you could just have Bob take a pic of you together!

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

seriously...is there really a shelby or are y'all like samantha on bewitched and her "twin" cousin Serena...I'm just not convinced. also we've had some cancellations at SDO...does "shelby" stamp?

Candice Windham said...

Is this going to be one of those things where we never see the two of you together? Is Shelby really the good twin and Cyndi the evil one? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, BTW, the card is lovely, and I do enjoy the color commentary!

fishlips said...

This card is amazing...Love the layout, you have such a talent.. wow wow

شركة اوائل المثالي said...

شركة تسليك مجاري بخميس مشيط
شركة تسليك مجاري بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجاري بابها