Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sunflower Birthday Card

This is a card that I made for my friend Natalie's birthday.

It also happens to combine a couple of challenges. One is the Copy, Steal, Inspire challenge over at Power Poppy. And boy did I bring this one in under the wire. The card that I was inspired by is right here.

The other is actually a Splitcoast tutorial, and it's something that I used to do quite a bit of back in the day, but I hadn't done it in a long time: Palette Blending.


Basically palette blending is scribbling your regular water-based markers onto a piece of plastic or other smooth surface and picking up the marker ink with a paint brush.


Okay, I got a little fast and loose with the faux stitching, but look at the layers on that Power Poppy sunflower!

Happy Birthday, Natalie!

Cyndi

No comments: